Thursday, January 16, 2014

Mini-Break Mini-Post

September 2010... will I ever be that tan again?
Will I ever be in such good shape again?
Answer to both?  Probably not.
Quickie blog post today!  J and I will be getting up at the crack of dawn tomorrow to catch a flight to ROMA!  Actually, we will be getting up long before dawn.  Our flight is at 6:50 and our train is at 4:30, which means that we are waking up at... well you do the math.  We will be visiting friends, notably, our friends Luigi and Kristina.  We are very much looking forward to seeing them and eating wonderful, wonderful food.  I will be eating gelato everyday and I do not care that it's winter.

All of this... in my face.
The only way that I can rationalize the coming gelato orgy is the knowledge that I am once again "in training".  While I decided that 1 marathon before the wedding is enough (sorry Barcelona, I won't be cursing your streets this year), apparently a half-marathon is doable.  Or so my mind says.  I am finding that my body may be feeling differently.  Namely my knees.  Oh well, they're replaceable... right?  All things going to plan I will be taking part in the Richmond Half Marathon on March 23rd.  I am looking forward to this race as it is along the Thames for several miles and finishes in Kew Gardens, a lovely botanical garden in outer London.

Do you think that there's a hill at Richmond Hill??  Hope not!
Some exciting news this week for the family!  My brother and his wife will be moving to Austin, TX in February.  Ever since my brother graduated college he has been living in LA.  LA is where he met his wife and where they got married.  It is where they got the most adorable puppy boy of all time, Gizmo, and where they have created a life for themselves over the past 7.5 years.  But they have decided that it is time for some change.   I am so excited for them and wish them all the best!  

P & D- Let's make a pact.
I won't start talking all British-y if you don't start talkin' all Texas-y.
Well, that's all from here!  I hope everyone has a good weekend.  If you find yourself wondering what I'm doing, well you don't have to.  You'll know.




No comments:

Post a Comment